My girl… my heart overflows with adoration and love for you. You have brought such joy to our family. I am happier now than I have ever been… you make me a better person. In completely random order, here are the things your presence has changed in my everyday life:
- I don’t sit on my computer all day anymore. I actually get up and clean the house and *gasp* I have even mowed the lawn a few times this summer!
- I exercise more.
- I drink more water. (Breastfeeding requires it!)
- I cherish the little things. I know these moments with you are fleeting so I deliberately take the time to pause and appreciate the time we have together right now. I especially am loving the moments together while you are eating. Your curl your little knees up and snuggle into my lap. It’s the sweetest time and I hope we continue to enjoy breastfeeding for a long time.
- I think your dad is more attractive than ever. I can’t help it. Watching him ask for you and interact with you makes my heart jump for joy – you have helped our love for each other grow even deeper.
- I am slowly learning better time management. Slowly. With your help, I take a few steps forward (and one step back) on a regular basis. I thought planning was a positive thing in the past… now it is a requirement! And that’s a very good thing for us.
- The phrase “this too shall pass” is a new mantra in my life. Whether “this” is good or bad, I am learning that what may feel like my whole entire world flipping upside down is really just a small hiccup in our days or weeks.
- I don’t have the energy to be dramatic about little things anymore. When people ask me “how are you?” My answer is a quick “Really good!” these days. In the past I’d pause and try to find something worth complaining about. I just don’t have time anymore. I like it this way!
- Since you now want to eat anything you see me eating, I am making better diet choices. For the both of us.
- You motivate me every day. To make better choices, to pray more, and to appreciate life more.
Oh this list will grow and grow in the coming years. Life with you is a little piece of heaven on earth and I am so very grateful for it.